These steps help you quickly convert WebHub Applications from
version 1.77x to version 2.00x.
- Under Project Options, Directories, check the search
path and change c:\ht\lib32;c:\ht\htfrm; to c:\ht\lib.
- In your project file (*.DPR), in the USES clause, edit all
file paths to use the new directory structure:
- change ht\lib32 to ht\lib
- change ht\htfrm to ht\lib
- If possible, delete all extraneous DCUs compiled under v1.x.
- Under Tools|Environment Options, check the Library path
and make sure that it does not include any irrelevant directories.
- Open every form in your project at least once, and save it. This enables Delphi to adjust to any
slight differences in component specification, and updates your DFM files accordingly. Skipping
this step leads to run time errors such as "property ... not defined".
- Check your package list and change to the new WebHub
package filenames. Whub50 becomes WhubD5. Whubdb50 becomes WhubdbD5.
- At this point, you should be able to compile and run
- Optionally merge winnt\href.ini and ht\hubmain.ini into ht\bin\hub.ini. In the registry,
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTARE\HREF Tools\WebHub, hub.ini should be set to the location
of hub.ini, e.g. "c:\ht\bin\hub.ini".
Upgrading WebHub Apps that use COM
No changes are required if you are compiling with v2.007+.
Benefits to WebHub v2.00