TPack: TPack Class Library and Utility Code
Delphi, C++Builder and FreePascal programmers
Overview and Benefits
"TPack is Delphi squared" -- Phil Foty, Borland System Engineer, ~1995
TPack builds on Delphi to give you even more productivity. TPack includes over 50 components that solve
common problems or demonstrate interesting design ideas. It also includes
many utility functions (see online docs and look at the units starting with "uc" for utility code).
The string functions in ucString are great - everything I've ever needed
to do with strings is in there. I also love the AppendTo log file commands
-- Michael Strong, Delphi developer, Australia, ~1997
- Full Source
- Provides over two dozen handy string functions.
- Includes interprocess communication classes.
- Builds on ZaphodsMap to save and restores all edit box values, which is extremely handy for initializing defaults in utility programs.
- TtpProject which enables well-organized projects that compile with and without GUI units; as-service or regular; with or without
standard and custom modules. TtpProject is used extensively in WebHub projects but it can help in any situation where you want one project to compile with and without GUI.
- As of November 2012, source code is guaranteed to compile in Delphi 2009 through Delphi XE3. Most of the code
still works with Delphi 7 through Delphi 2007, plus Kylix, plus FreePascal. The non-visual utility code works with FireMonkey in XE3.
Packages are not provided nor tested for C++Builder but the source should be usable in C++Builder too.
- Allows you to make your application run in the Tray (see the TtpTrayIcon component).
TPack - it is everywhere!
All of HREF Tools' in-house applications and almost all products were built with TPack. It is an excellent foundation for
everything from software components to entire products.
Download FREE Trial Version
The WebHub components include TPack DCUs. Rubicon includes a small subset of TPack units.
An online reference
covers all units, components, properties, methods and events.
After you license TPack Source you may have free electronic upgrades for at least two (2) years.
Support for TPack is available via our newsgroups; connect to
after obtaining a newsgroup account
Source Code Availability
Full source is available for TPack. Interested developers may have readonly access to the svn repo
if they have a free account at riouxsvn.
TPack depends on the ZaphodsMap library, which is open source hosted on sourceforge.
News and Release Notes
TPack release notes are included within the WebHub release notes at www.href.com/pub/relnotes
Requirements and/or Compatible Software
☑ Delphi or C++Builder XE8 through 11 (year 2021).
☑ 5 MB disk space