Rubicon Pro: F.A.Q.
- How much overhead is associated with the Rubicon components?
For Delphi XE2, the core Rubicon package is roughly 400kb. The size of the database bridge package varies; for ADO it is 46kb.
- Can Rubicon do a case sensitive search?
You would have to handle that as a post-process filter. Rubicon would give you all the matches case insensitive, and then you could filter back to a subset that were exact matches.
- Should I use Rubicon to search files on my local disk, not in a database?
That is not what Rubicon was design for but you can do it. There is a non-gui demo for that; look for the rbFile unit.
- What about support for stemming?
Stemming has been in the too-hard basket for a long time. We are planning to prototype a solution after Rubicon 3 is fully established.
- What about support for languages such as Japanese which do not use a space between characters?
We have reviewed algorithms for this and are tentatively planning to add N-Gram (where N is 2) support after enough customers buy licenses to warrant new features.
Answers to common technical questions are all in the User Manual.
Copyright © 1995-2021
HREF Tools Corp. All Rights Reserved Worldwide.
Running: WebHub-v3.280 compiled with d27_win32 on Microsoft-IIS/10.0,
Wed, 29 Sep 2021 01:00:55 UTC
0 pages sent to CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) at 220.127.116.11;
Time to produce this page: 16msec.