WebHub Object Pascal Components
- TPack base classes: GUI functionality separated v2.102
- Key TPack units have been organized into two parts, e.g. tpAction.pas and tpActionGUI.pas. See also tpUIBase.pas which is a new unit.
- If you open forms in the Delphi IDE, and they use a GUI aspect such as action lists, Delphi
will automatically add tpActionGUI to your interface uses clause for you.
Without this change to the uses clause, your project will not compile.
- Component status handled differently v2.102
- On TtpComponents, instead of setting the Status property to some text to make it display on the status bar,
you should now call SetObjectStatus (if you want the name of the component included in the message), or
set the ApplicationStatus property.
if Assigned(pWebApp.ComponentStatusBar) then
pWebApp.ComponentStatusBar.Status := 'something.';
should be replaced with:
pWebApp.ApplicationStatus := 'something.';
- You must delete all references to the ComponentStatusBar property from all DFM files.
- For example, if you see an error message such as "gridCatalog.ComponentStatusBar does not exist" that means that the DFM still has the property ComponentStatusBar defined in the DFM (on the component whose name is gridCatalog); you should delete that line from the DFM file.
- A FuzRegex script has NOT yet been created for these changes because of the danger/difficulty.
- Changes to built-in pages v2.102
- The echo page has been removed from the app. It still exists in the runner.
- The speed page has been cleaned up / fixed.
- Note that built-in pages are disabled by default for security reasons. To enable them,
pWebApp.Security.BuiltInPagesEnabled := True; in the
OnGUIInit event handler
- INPUTSELECTRADIO fixed v2.102
- Previously this command generated 'checked' for radio choices which had already been selected.
- Now it correctly generates 'checked="checked"'.
- Form to HTML converter reviewed v2.102
- Packages ready for D07 to D12.
- Credit Card Validation reviewed v2.102
- Sample application provided for use outside WebHub.
- TwhDropDownUSAStates added v2.103
- Source in webDrop.pas
- This component generates a select list of the US states, as a demonstration of a customized
dropdown, and to be helpful during prototyping, at least in the USA.
- The base class in webDrop.pas was simplified and enhanced. It now uses a StringVar to save state. The
name of the StringVar defaults to the component name + '.Value', or you can pass an alternative variable name through HtmlParam, i.e.
- The htdr "HREF Tools Drop Down" demo has been upgraded to use these conventions. Latest source is in CVS;
instructions on demos.href.com as usual.
- New: pWebApp.Session.DeleteStringVarByName v2.103
- If, from Delphi, you want to completely remove a session variable (as the CLEAR command does),
you can call this new function. After deletion, the ASSIGNED command will return False for the variable in question.
- Known problem: TADOQuery, CoInitialize, as-service v2.104
- If you run as a service using MultiTypeApp, and you use TADOQuery (which uses COM), an exception will
be raised when the form or datamodule containing TADOQuery is created. The same EXE will work find when
running as a normal Windows application.
- Workaround: call CoInitialize (uses ActiveX) before the CreateForm statement.
- To be fixed in v2.105 of WebHub.
- Known problem: duplicate TwhPage after RejectSession v2.102
- Source: webBase.pas
- Support reference #00423
- Fix is required in TwhBasicApp.SetThePageID when Optimization.PreCreatePageObjects is False.
The symptom, after RejectSession fires, is entries in the application log file such as
2013-Feb-27 15:36:12:809 (ERROR) SetName TwhPage A component named whPage already exists
2013-Feb-27 15:36:12:810 (ERROR) SetName TwhPage A component named HTQ1_HTQ1 already exists
The Hub, WebHubAdmin, ZMAdmin
- ZMAdmin: Quick management of server profiles v2.102
- The right-click menu in ZMAdmin, when you are on a local or an other ServerProfile, will let you
Add, Delete, Duplicate and Rename. The Add and Delete features were already in place. Duplicate and Rename
features are new (29-May-2009).
- No GUI units linked into runners v2.102
- As the TPack and WebHub units have the GUI further isolated, the runners
automatically becomes cleaner and leaner.
- Allow >2048 bytes of cookies v2.102
- The isapi runner now allows up to 8kb of cookies, and 16kb total http headers.
- The previous limit was 2kb for all http headers.
- Version and Echo responses have been improved v2.104
- Version: shows you the server date/time even when it is not running on localhost. This helps you
figure out whether the display in the browser is new or cached.
- Echo page: no longer gives a blank response when an exception occurs within its review of the
configuration or when it tries to make files in its logging and upload folders. Instead runisa.dll
now reports errors, including the exception message if one occurred. This is relevant on new installs when the runner
does not have permission to read the configuration XML files and/or does not have sufficient rights
to its own folders.
Did you know that Sun VirtualBox is a free, open-source alternative to VMWare and using the Amazon cloud? The only tricky thing is cloning virtual machines, but that is taught
very well, here.
Copyright © 2009 HREF Tools Corp. All Rights Reserved. TPACK, RUBICON and STREAMCATCHER are registered trademarks of HREF Tools Corp.