WebHub Version .911 Release Notes
9 April 1997 10:26 PST
- All known problems with the installation procedure,
including lack of settings in href.ini which led to problems
initializing the TWebInfo component in the Hub. The installation
is much quicker, too.
- Compatibility with Netscape servers, incl. FastTrack
and Enterprise. The default is now to include the : in the HTTP 1.0:
header. If this gives you problems with AOL browsers, toggle the
TWebAppOutput.HTTPColon property from True to False.
- The user manual has been edited for consistency and the
Cookbook section has been improved to emphasize writing applications
from scratch, without writing a HubApp first.
- The help file has been rebuilt. All the TPack utility
functions are documented. A current keyword file is included.
- Hub command line options work: /NOTRAY and /RESTORE. Use these
if you are on a Win95 or NT4 machine without a mouse.
New Event Macros
These are on ThtWebApp, source included. Full syntax is in the
latest webhub.hlp file, under built-in macros.
This is on ThtDBWebApp, source included.
- INCLUDE: include a file's contents as part of the current page
- SENDFILE: make the response document a file of any MIME type
- FIELD macro on ThtDBWebApp can find any webdatasource by the name
datasource on the main form, or datasource by the name on a named datamodule.
These new components have not yet been documented. There
are demo programs that use them posted in the download area
for registered customers only.
- TWebRubicon (separate product but available w/ source)
- credit card validation (separate product but available w/ source)
- There are also some new properties on the TWebDataGrid. All
old code should work except OnExecute event handlers. That event
now happens BEFORE the grid executes instead of AFTER.
Changes to Template Forms
The ademo2 and ademo3 forms which are used throughout the
demos have been changed. If you were using these as
the basis for your own projects, and you have any problems opening
your existing projects using the old copies, please use the
new ones as installed to ht\htdemos\template\. The TWebDemoApp
component has also been changed. That code is in
- JUMPs use HTTP in capital letters instead of as-defined
in server ID.
- Ademo3.pas template file -- buttons for Refresh, etc. did
not work. To fix this on your copy, set the tpcomponent
property to WebDemoApp and the Verb as desired.
- Some demo projects will GPF on File|Exit.
- Submitting text areas may truncate the input and replace
with character strings starting with %.
Copyright (c) 1997 HREF Tools Corp. All Rights Reserved.