Hub as Service
Hubs is a WebHub add-on designed to run the Hub and any WebApps automatically loaded by the Hub as
Windows NT services.
- Copy Hubs.exe into the same directory as Hub.exe
- From the Hubs directory run HUBS -INSTALL to install the service or HUBS -REMOVE to remove it.
- Start the service with NET START WEBHUB; Stop it with NET STOP WEBHUB
- The service installs as an automatically starting service that interacts with the desktop. To alter these
parameters use the Control Panel where Hubs lists itself as "WebHub Central"
- You can start and stop the service from the commandline or through the control panel.
- Pausing/Suspending the Hub from the control panel is not supported in this release.
- Use Connected|Edit Setups to add /NoTray to the commandline options for your webapp. At this time
your application is created the System Tray does not yet exist and your apps will appear invisible if you don't
use that parameter.
- Hubs will automatically restart hub.exe should it crash.
- Hubs uses the system eventlog to track the startup and stop AND any auto-restart of the hub.