Files, Pages, and Chunks Editor
- Files Editor
Much improved, more graphical, has font-selection
Now sports a single/multi file search and replace.
- Color Syntax HighLighting
- The Webhub files editor now features color syntax highlighting. We hope that this is a breakthough
productivity enhancer for you as well.
- Caveats at this time are that the hlighting is effective, but because it's based on a TMemo, is limited to
one line at a time. In other words if you have html comments such as scripts that goes over two or
three lines, the logic does not cover coloring the second or third lines.
- The colors too are fixed to Red for special lines, Green for HTML tags, Blue for WebHub macros
and Fuscia for Webhub Comments (lines starting with '//'). Colors can not yet be customized.
- The Editor's paintbrush icon lets you toggle between colorizing all text, only 'special' lines, or nothing
- Color syntax highlighting is not supported in NT 3.5x
- Inter-File Linking
The webhub editor can take you from where you're using a chunk to where it's been defined and back
through Ctrl-G and Ctrl-B
- Chunk Selection
The Files editor can popup the chunks editor while you're editing a file, allowing you to speed-search a
chunk and insert a reference to it in macro syntax. Ctrl-H
- The Webhub files editor now features code- templates which can be easily customized and switched on the
fly. To use a default template with you existing installation, edit HREF.INI and add
EditTemplate=c:\ht\markup.txt to the [WebHub] section. Or use the Hub's Options|Defaults panel to do the
- The syntax for the template files was inspired by BI's .DCI files with the change that we use the '`' character
to specify the cursor insertion point.
- You access code stored in the templates by pressing Ctrl-I. If the cursor was positioned on a shortcut letter
or word that you've specified in the markup template (see the sample provided) the shortcut word is
replaced by the template text.
- You need not select shortcut words, the cursor just needs to be on or next to them. If you were not near a
shortcut word, a popupmenu will appear to let you choose from the available code fragments.
- If you select text before pressing Ctrl-I and the text is not a template shortcut you'll be able to pick from
the popup menu and have the markup wrap around your selection.
- WebHub templates are inserted WITHOUT breaking the line you were on. To get blank lines at the end of
your code fragments, use one or more lines containing just '-' a single dash.
- "Goto Definition" Hotkey
Press Ctrl+G from a chunk or page-reference and you'll be taken accross files to the original definition.
- Ctrl-B Go-Back shortcut to take you back from viewing the definition of a chunk.
- Ctrl-I Insert Markup from template
- Ctrl-H Insert Chunk from popup list
- Ctrl-Up/Ctrl-Down you can now scroll through the files without moving the cursor
- Ctrl-T, Ctrl-Y the Editor now sports the wordstar standard hotkeys Ctrl-T and Ctrl-Y
- F4 duplicates the current line.