WebHub Release Notes for v2.065-v2.067
This file was last updated 18-Jul-2006
to: WebHub Object Pascal Components
- Sync version of Hub, WebHubView, WebHubAdmin, runner and components v2.065
- This rule is still in effect.
- Configuration changes v2.065
- We may create a utility to automate these changes. Meanwhile here is the list for manual adjustments.
- Delete ACELibraryPath.
- Delete ACETempPath.
- Delete the EditTemplate line.
- Delete the AppIDDefinitions section entirely.
- Delete the ServerIDs section.
- Delete the MaitreD section.
- Delete the ErrorHandling section.
WebHub Object Pascal Components
- Custom AppDefaults are being phased out v2.065
- We are trying to sort out built-in WebHub defaults from your custom settings.
- Please use [TWebApp.AppSettings] for your custom ones.
- An example of a built-in WebHub default is
An example of a custom one is
- ChunkDir and TekoDir are obsolete AppDefaults v2.065
- You may delete these from [TWebApp.Defaults] in your app config file. (Unless they specified a folder other than the one containing your app INI file, they had no effect in earlier versions of WebHub. Generally they are always safe to delete.)
- Obsolete / deprecated v2.065
- TWebCommandLine.WebAppLockDown boolean is obsolete
- TWebInfo.WebOpenApps is obsolete
- TWebApp.AppHandle is public not published; use AppInstID
- TWebApp.cgiUseHandle is public not published; use cgiUseAppInstID
- TWebApp.cgiHideHandle is public not published; use cgiHideAppInstID
- TWebApp.Chunks is public not published; use TWebApp.Tekeros
- TWebCommandLine.OnBadCommand is obsolete
- BrandDir under [TWebApp.Defaults] is obsolete
- BrandDir no longer loaded from AppDefaults v2.065
- If you are using the branding feature, set pWebApp.Static.BrandFolder to what used to be called AppDefault['BrandDir'].
- pWebApp.Session renamed to SessionNumber v2.066
- To access the session number from a teko file, use (~sessionnumber~) instead of (~session~).
- The same applies to syntax 0100: use %=sessionnumber=%.
- Obsolete / deprecated v2.066, v2.067
- TIniFileLink.DefaultEditorEntry is obsolete. See ucShell for cross-platform function to edit a text file.
- TWebApp: all features relating to exporting have been moved under TWebApp.Static
- TWebApp.AppDefault['ExportDir'] changed to TWebApp.Static.ExportFolder
- TWebApp.AppRoot is TWebApp.Static.AppRoot
- TWebApp.cgiCaller is TWebApp.DynURL.CgiCaller
- TWebApp.cgiHideHandle is obsolete
- TWebApp.cgiHideAppInstID is TWebApp.DynURLConfig.HideAppProcessID
- TWebApp.cgiHttp is TWebApp.DynURL.CgiHttp
- TWebApp.cgiUseHttp is TWebApp.DynURLConfig.UseScheme
- TWebApp.cgiUseAppHandle is obsolete
- TWebApp.cgiUseAppInstID is TWebApp.DynURLConfig.UseAppProcessID
- TWebApp.Defaults is obsolete
- TWebApp.DynamicPage is obsolete. Use IsDynamicPage property instead.
- TWebApp.Errors is TWebApp.Debug.Errors
- TWebApp.MacroErrorShow is TWebApp.Debug.ErrorAlerts, eaSend = true
- TWebApp.NewSessionURL is TWebApp.DynURL.HomeBlankSession
- TWebApp.OtherTags is obsolete.
- TWebApp.RandomEnable is obsolete
- TWebApp.SessionEndsWith is public, not published.
- TWebApp.TheAppIDSave is obsolete.
- TWebApp.ThePageID is public, not published.
- TWebApp.URLDivider renamed TWebApp.DynURLConfig.Delimiter.
- TWebApp.Where is TWebApp.DynURL.Current
- TWebCommandLine.ActivateButton is obsolete.
- TWebCommandLine.BeepOnPage is obsolete.
- TWebCommandLine.CgiDirect is obsolete.
- TWebCommandLine.DefaultsList is obsolete.
- TWebCommandLine.ExpanderList is obsolete.
- TWebCommandLine.HubCapacity is obsolete. Use pWebApp.HubCapacity instead.
- TWebCommandLine.RedirectorList is obsolete.
- TWebCommandLine.WebPage is obsolete.
- TWebCommandLine.WebServer is obsolete.
- TWebInfo.WebStatusList is obsolete.
- TWebOutput.ListAsMemo is obsolete. (It was always FALSE in dmWebHub and dmHubApp.)
- TWebOutput.ConsoleOutput obsolete.
- TWebOutput.BrowserButton renamed GUIBrowserButton
- TWebOutput.BrowserLink renamed GUIBrowserLink
- TWebOutput.OutputMemo renamed GUIResponseMemo
- TWebOutput.ShowOutput renamed GUIResponseTarget
- TWebOutput.MemButton renamed GUIResponseMemoButton
- TWebPage.TimeSections boolean is obsolete.
- TWebPage.PageCost renamed PageCost.HistoryPageCost
- TWebPage.PageCount renamed PageCost.HistoryPageCount
- TWebPage.PageLast renamed PageCost.HistoryPageLast
- TWebPage.PageTime renamed PageCost.HistoryPageTime
- TWebServer.CgiFrom is obsolete.
- TWebServer.CgiLogicalPath is obsolete.
- TWebServer.InitExternals is obsolete.
- TWebServer.WebDate renamed to DateTimeToWebFormat
- TWebServer.SystemContentFile is obsolete.
- TWebServer.SystemDebugMode is obsolete.
- TWebServer.SystemGMTOffset is obsolete.
- TWebServer.SystemOutputFile is obsolete.
- TWebServer.TimeFormat moved to public TWebInfo.TimeFormat
- TWebServer.Time moved to TWebInfo.WebTimeLocal
- TWebServer.WebTime moved to TWebInfo.WebTimeGMT
- TWebVarsDelete renamed TwhVarsDelete
- Version property is only on TWebApp.
- TtpAppRole.InitialInstance renamed TtpAppRole.InstanceSequence and available within TwhAppInstanceCounter
- TtpAppRole.Instances renamed TtpAppRole.InstanceCount and available within TwhAppInstanceCounter
- TWebPage is now a TWebCommand, not a TWebAction v2.066
- Syntax stage 0100: TWebPage Defaults renamed to PageSettings v2.066
- If you had any INI sections such as [PageID.Defaults], rename to [PageID.PageSettings].
- In syntax stage 0214, that sort of configuration should be done inside the .whteko file, in a tag.
- Instead of using PAGEDEFAULT as a WebHub Command, use PAGESETTING.
- dmWebHub simplified v2.067
- Code in dmWebHub that related to switching AppIDs was moved to whsample_SwitchAppID.pas
- Code in dmWebHub that related to COM support was moved to whsample_COM.pas
- Fixed access violation in ThtColorMemo and descendants (TWebHtmlMemo and TWebIniFileMemo) v2.066
- The exception occured when adding the htColMem.ThtColorMemo component to a new empty form in the Delphi IDE. The error message was "the Control 'htColorMemo1' has no parent window." The same problem occured in the descendants - webMemo.TWebHtmlMemo and webMemo.TWebIniFileMemo.
- How to find WebHub expression errors v2.067
- Use the new pWebApp.Debug.ErrorAlerts property to quickly find invalid expressions
within your .whteko files.
- uses whcfg_App in 'webhub\lib\whcfg_App.pas';
pWebApp.Debug.ErrorAlerts := [ eaSummary ]; will list all page expansion errors at the end of the page. Do not use this on a production server, use this during development.
- eaSummary: error alerts included in page summary
- eaLogToFile: error alerts logged to file in same folder as EXE
- eaComment: error alerts sent within an HTML comment
- eaSend: error alerts will be sent within the page content
- eaShowPageCreationExceptions: if an exception occurs during page creation, the "LOGGED:" message will appear.
- TWebPage.PageTimerActive boolean loaded based on PageSetting v2.067
- If you would like to see page timing statistics for a particular page, add this to the page in question:
- Timing statistics are added to the page summary, which automatically displays at the end of the page.
- This is not intended for use on a production site.
- In RTTI dialog, properties can be sorted alphabetically v2.067
- After invoking the "properties" verb for any WebHub component, the Run Time Type Information ("RTTI") dialog appears.
Normally the properties are listed in the order in which they were defined in the object hierarchy. Now, you can click on
the word Properties in order to sort them alphabetically.
- TWebSession (alias to TwhSession) is obsolete v2.068
- APPDEFAULT command no longer supported in .whteko files v2.068
- AppDefaults are being phased out in favor of specific properties.
- Example (~AppDefault.Homepage~) is now (~Situations.HomePageID~)
The Hub, WebHubAdmin, WebHubView
- Menu items hooked up to valid actions v2.065
- WebHubAdmin and WebHubView: all menu items are now functional. You may use this version of WebHubAdmin and WebHubView
together with Hub, runner, and components of version 2.062...2.065.
- The Help > About menu option now shows the current version of WebHub, plus the ZaphodsMap root and configuration branch folder.
- SampleInput in hub.ini is obsolete v2.067
- HubApp does not support COM v2.068
- This version of hub.exe does not support COM calls within the HubApp. Normal WebHub EXEs may still use COM (and that will be
continued to be supported).
- cgi-win runner is obsolete v2.067
- WebHub will no longer include "runwin.exe", the runner dedicated to the cgi-win interface, pioneered by Bob Denny
with WebSite http server in 1995.
- WebHub Runtime and Component installers tested thoroughly v2.065
- Both installers now install without errors on a "clean" server, and uninstall as designed.
- One is meant to run the Runtime installer first, then the component installer.
WebHub with Apache Http Server
FYI: Valid DTDs on w3.org
- In your httpd.conf file, add this line so that the ZaphodsMap environment variable will be passed through to the
- The WebHub v2.066 runbin runner works with Apache (tested on Win2000).
FYI: The Firebird Book: A Reference for Database Developers, by Helen Borrie.
FYI: Reasonable source for Kylix licenses:
Kylix 3 Pro
Copyright © 2006 HREF Tools Corp. All Rights Reserved. TPACK and STREAMCATCHER are registered trademarks of HREF Tools Corp.