WebHub Release Notes for v1.700... v1.714
This file was last updated 25 March 1999, 9:41 PST
Improvements by Category
In the WebHub VCL Components
- The WebHub Wizard is Available for Delphi 4 v1.712
- The D4 wizard will be included in the v1.712 release.
get it here.
- Many thanks to Christian Bøhn in Norway for doing the conversion from
- Strongly recommended: tpOptions for TWebApp v1.7x
- In the object inspector, for your application object (ThtWebApp or
whatever class you are using), set the tpOptions flags so that UpdateOnLoad is
FALSE and UpdateOnGet is TRUE. This fixes at least two GPF problems
that would otherwise occur in the IDE.
- string comparison bug fixed v1.710
- There was an error in the posCI function in the ucPos unit. This has
been fixed. There were two known problems resulting from this bug:
(a) macro expansion failed intermittently; (b) branded pages failed
intermittently. This particular patch can be applied to earlier versions
of the components without changing anything else. Request a copy of
ucPos.pas from firstname.lastname@example.org (FREE).
- Splash screen cleared automatically v1.700
- This was a problem in earlier builds. It's fixed in The Hub
and in the components.
- INPUTSELECT macro v1.710
- Documentation note: to use a chunk for the list of items,
prefix the chunk name with 'chunk.', e.g.
- Training CR/LFs -- unchanged from v1.700.
- Controlled HTML with SELECT tag v1.710
- Now: leaves quotes if they were in the original input; adds quotes
if a non-alphanumeric character is found in the value. Marks the 'selected'
item correctly even if the item contained a space.
- New Global Security Attribute "GSA" v1.710
- The tpack unit utIpcObj now initializes a global security attribute
to default values. By pointing the security property of any of the
tpack interprocess classes to @gsa before calling Handle which initializes
them, you can have process-to-service and service-to-process communications
- WebDataSource.close event v1.712
- This event did not close the dataset in v1.7x. This was patched on
27-Feb (websend unit). The fix is included in v1.713+.
- REQUIRES macro v1.710
- Confirmed that this works: REQUIRES|aLiteral=YES|pgLogin. There
was a problem in v1.661 with this syntax.
- START versus SHELL v1.710
- This is not new -- just clarifying -- use the START macro when
you want to launch a process and continue immediately. Use the SHELL
macro when you want to wait for completion.
- ucPipe unit v1.714
- This unit was supposed to be included in tPack and HtPlus Pack but was
accidentally omitted. It's now included.
- WebHub.hlp v1.714
- The help file has been updated. All the non-component entries
have been reviewed for accuracy relative to the v1.7x build.
In the Demos
- AServer run from Delphi 4 v1.711
- The v1.700 and v1.710 version of aserver.dpr might not have run
for you under Delphi 4, even though it compiled ok. This has been
fixed. You need patched copies of wpelist.dcu and wpachunk.dcu.
Those are included in 1.711.
In the Installation
- Hub System Message Files v1.714
- When installed, the htdocs\htsysmsg\*.txt files will be automatically
set as defaults in href.ini and the registry, as appropriate.
- Automatic compilation of packages v1.714
- The BAT file which runs during installation to install the components
into Delphi 3 and Delphi 4 now checks to make sure you have sufficient
environment space, and gives an exact error message when there is not enough.
- TWebLogin v1.700- v1.713
- weblogin.pas should be 11096 bytes. If it is smaller, contact
customer service for a replacement. The wrong file shipped in v1.71x,
breaking the pass phrase feature.
- FLUSH does not clear anchors
- This issue was discovered 22-March-1999 and will be fixed in v1.720.
- MATCH macro with = operator
- Does not work. Use ~ operator.
HREF Tools Corp., 300 B Street, Suite 215, Santa Rosa, CA 95401 USA