WebHub Version 1.05 Release Notes
This file updated 2 July 1997, 6:30 PST
Improvements in Release 1.05
We are releasing a version 1.05 Hub which uses all the
changes noted here. These are relevant to HTML specialists
running an application directly through the Hub ("HubApp") or
through the generic WebApp.exe. The trial CD includes
webapp.exe built with the 1.05 components for this purpose.
You will be able to incorporate these features into your
own custom applications by using the (as yet unreleased)
version 1.06 components.
In the Hub + Runners
- moved Mail panel from Options to HubApp
- HubApp|Mail panel and TWebMailForm
- TWebMailForm now supports mailmerge. Set Template equal to the name of
the file you want to send. Macro expansion is supported within
- You can define additional entries to be managed in the [webmailform.settings] section of the INI.
- You can send ALL textareas by using the keyword ALL instead of enumerating
- It supports sending cookie info; see new option listed under WebMailInclude.
- You can set the 'include' items through an ini file by listing the exact include constants.
Use a comma to separate multiple items.
- For setups where 'include' is blank, the design-time settings are used.
- Hints appear to prompt you for all built-in parameters
- KNOWN BUG: Can not deal with multiple TO/CC/BCC addresses in hub/through or through ini driven params. Single To/CC/BCC entries only.
- HubApp|Edit Files panel:
- removed 'parse' button which would parse the file without saving.
- hid the 'load' and 'autosave' buttons (defaulting to true)
--caution: if you had either set to false (probably not) you need to remove the entries from the .ini's
- HubApp|Edit Pages panel
- added right click menu with (a) auto gen export file[s];
(b) choices for export file extensions;
(c) browse/edit exported files.
- exporting to UNC is ok now (Note iexplorer can not deal with browsing files by unc! Ok for use with Netscape.)
- Improved Hint on many of the buttons throughout the Hub.
In the Components
- The verb AppID|Generate Pages has been renamed to
- CKB command is now automatically removed from webapp.command
(including the ',' should there be multiple commands) to allow
for posting CKB along with triggering action components.
(This had caused problems with webmailform)
- The app now removes entries from the checked array when one sets them false using Pascal.
- The macro facility now checks for page-defaults!
This means you can set a custom page default and expand that using macro syntax.
This is used in the SHOWCASE demo to create the effect of style sheets.
- File parsing: File defaults continue to flow into page defaults.
Those with a '.' separator are left alone. Those with '='
get broken out of the 'defaults=' section and become their own entries under page-defaults.
- Added custom types for defaults:
- fEvents: TWebAppEventsList;
- fMacros: TWebAppMacrosList;
- fMedia: TWebAppMediaList;
- In THtWebApp: New 'dynchunk' macro functions to let you
create a chunkname on the fly.
This will evaluate 'var' using CompareTo rules and generate
a chunkname by concatenating 'text' + the value of 'var'.
DynChunk|Text,litLanguage would send %=TextE=% if
litLanguage equals 'E'.
This will do the same thing without a static prefix.
Example: DynChunk|PageID. This will give you the current
no longer restores forms to off-screen positions. (helpful if you work in different resolutions)
- Added property to let one set default/shellexec/netscape mode to trigger browser
- Restored netscape DDE capability to round out dealing with exported files.
HREF Tools Corp., 300 B Street, Suite 215, Santa Rosa, CA 95401 USA