WebHub Version 1.03 Release Notes
This file updated 8 July 97, 15:45 PST
Improvements in Release 1.03
In the Hub
- On some machines people got a GPF when the Hub tried
to load the HubApp. This build fixes that problem.
- TWebMailForm is refreshed automatically. If you are using
the Hub to send mail, this is essential; otherwise irrelevant.
- The Web Mail options panel automatically lists configuration
entries in the INI file associated with TWebMailForm. If you
use this panel (whmail.pas) in your own apps, you will also get
In the Components
- In Delphi 3, use of web action components in a datamodule
no longer causes the status bar to appear on Delphi's toolbar.
- Delphi 3's help file is available properly again.
In case you are interested in why this bug came up...
In Delphi 3 only, "application" object is
somewhat shared between the Delphi IDE and the packages, so setting
the application's help file inside the components was effecting
Delphi itself. The TtpApplication component has been enhanced to
show all the properties of the application, so that you (and we)
can see exactly what is going on at design time.
- The WebHub splash-screen no longer shows up during compilation.
The reason Ann and Michael didn't see this right away is because on
our development machines, we run a utility called 'Harmony' in order
to easily switch between D2 and D3 without losing the help files.
This obscured the problem. Harmony was included on a recent copy
of Delphi Magazine.
- ** Regarding 'premature cleanup' which removed disk bound apps
from the connected panel prematurely: this was discussed on the listserv
on 11 June. We did not make it configurable, but we changed the
algorithm to remove applications from the list after >50 seconds of
inactivatity. 'Inactivity' is defined as 'they do not get to inform
the hub of their presence and do not respond to a query by the hub.'
- The Delphi 3 whuball.dpk package file now includes all the tpack icons
- The bmp-to-gif conversion units install properly. The
filenames are gifbmp20.dcu for Delphi2 and gifbmp30.dcu for Delphi3.
These files are required for the HTLOGO and HTFISH demos.
- SHOWCASE updated; still not complete.
- HTQRY2 fixed re: scrolling forward.
- Delphi 3 package files are shipping to ht\pkg\ and are fully explained
in the file ht\pkg\read-pkg.pas.
- Text in demo apps has been edited.
In the Demos
- With cgi-win and cgi-bin runners, web server error 500 comes up if
the htsysmsg\hubnone.htm file is not found.
HREF Tools Corp., 300 B Street, Suite 215, Santa Rosa, CA 95401 USA