WebHub Version 1.0 Release Notes
This file updated 10 June 1997, 20:15 PST
Main New Features in 1.00 (since 0.90)
- Delphi 3 support.
- Hub user interface has panels for all common tasks, and that
user interface is shared by all demos and available for use in
- HubLog can be run on a remote machine.
- Hub supports new system messages.
- Hub supports background delete of session vars files after
24 hours of non-use. On the Sessions Panel, click the [background delete]
button. Customize the time period under Components|WebInfo|Edit Defaults.
See also the TWebVarsDelete component if you want to code a utility
for this yourself.
- Press Release
- New Cookbook sections
- New Section on Security
- Help file expanded regarding Hub user interface and
- Delphi 3 Installation Guide
(not included anywhere else)
For People Upgrading
- The 1.00 Hub has twebapp.pagesPreCreate set to true.
Therefore it loads slower, but the Pages menu is active right away.
If you are not using the HubApp, set the HubAppID (webinfo.defaults)
to NONE (anything invalid) and it won't spend time loading an
app when it starts.
- Make sure TWebInfo.EnableSaveState is true.
- If you were using the Restorer components from tpack,
note that they now put all saved values into one INI section,
instead of a separate section for each type. If you were storing
data that you care about, e.g. not just window position, you
should rename your sections to [formclass] e.g. [TForm1].
- The "template" files, ADemo2 and ADemo3,
are no longer supported. They are still
shipping and there are important notes in the .pas files.
We recommend that you switch over old projects to use the
new user interface forms (ht\htfrm\*.pas). This is explained
in the current Cookbook in the User Manual, and discussed
in the 0.927 release notes file.
HREF Tools Corp., 300 B Street, Suite 215, Santa Rosa, CA 95401 USA